The Ph.D. programme seeks to orient candidates to the informed and critical application of knowledge to problems and issues concerning management disciplines and professions. The doctoral programme is intended to enhance individuals' capacity and skills for positions involving teaching, and research, in local and international institutions. The objectives of the programme are:
a) To enhance skills in the various areas of specialization;
b) To provide an opportunity to the candidate to carry out and present scholarly work; and
c) To carry out research in the chosen area of study and submit a Ph.D. thesis.
The following specializations are offered at our Kisumu Campus:
- Human Resources Management
- Strategic Management
- Management Information Systems,
- Procurement and Supply Chain Management
- Operations Management
- For the purposes of eligibility for registration in the programme, an applicant who qualifies for admission into the course work phase shall be deemed to have satisfied the requirement spelt out in paragraph 4 of the common regulations for the degree of doctor of philosophy.
- A successful applicant shall register as a doctoral student and take the required coursework. This student registration shall be for a minimum of three semesters and a maximum of seven semesters. The student shall be required to complete the coursework phase and develop an acceptable Research Proposal before being enrolled as a doctoral candidate.
The following shall be eligible for admission:
- A holder of a Master of Business Administration (MBA) Degree from the University of Nairobi or any other institution recognized by the senate.
- A holder of a Masters degree from the University of Nairobi in areas of specialization relevant to the disciplines in the School of Business or any other institutions recognized by Senate.
Fees and Funding
|EXAMINATION (PER UNIT @1000)||1000|
|LIBRARY (PER YEAR)||5000|
|MEDICAL FEE (PER YEAR)||6500|
|ICT SERVICES - (PER YEAR)||7000|
|REGISTRATION (PER SEMESTER@2250)||2250|
|CAUTION - (ONCE)||5000|
|ID CARD ( PER YEAR)||1000|
|ACTIVITY-( PER YEAR)||2000|
|Tuition/Supervision fees after course work p.a.||288000|
|THESIS IS 50,000.00 AND 288,000.00 FOR THE SUBSEQUENT YEARS|