MESSAGE FROM THE CAMPUS SECURITY CHIEF
On behalf of the Kisumu Campus Security and Safety department, I would
like to welcome you to our website page. In designing this website page our
intent is to provide as much information as possible to our Campus community
and visitors, about the services we offer at the Campus
The Campus has put in place the Security and Safety policy/plan to ensure a
safe and secure envirment for University staff, students ,customers and property.
To further boost Security and Safety, the University has outsourced professional
additional guards to compliment the work of the internal Security employed by
the Campus. The safety policy/plan has been enacted to minimize and prevent
losses due criminal activity, damage to Campus and Personal property, and most
importantly,serious injury to members of the Campus community. It is the
responsiblity of every member of the Campus community to adhere to these
policies and regulation and notify Safety and Security when infractions occur.
We hold ourselves accountable to our community and as such we are guided by
the following principles and values:
- Respect for the dignity, privacy, worth and diversity of all persons
- Fair and impartial treatment of all individuals
- Equality of access and protection of constitutuinal rights and liberties
- Reliability, competence, accountability,teamwork and open communications
- An approach to campus security as a responsibility of all members of the
i solicit your questions,concerns and suggestions regarding safety and security
on the campus. We appriciate your cooparation in abiding by Campus policies and
procedures and in assisting us in making our Campus a great place to obtain an
education,work and visit.
Our Commitment to Service Delivery
- Investigations into received reports to commence immediately.
- Issuance of car park sticker to be on the spot.
- Guards are placed at strategic points to deter the commission of offences.
- There is patrol undertaken by security personnel of all ranks within Campus premises.
- During special functions the Department in liaison with Kenya police shall provide security.
Feedback and Address
- Complaints,compliments and suggestions should be forwarded to the office of the Campus Security Chief.
- Feedback may be channeled via telephone ,letters ,e-mail and suggestion boxes.
- Confidentiality and Privacy shall be respected at all times.
- All feedback shall be addressed as soon as practicable.
I hope you will take the opportunity to review this website to familiarize yourself
and others with the safety programs and services provided by the Department of
Campus Safety and Security. Please remember that campus safety is everyone's
CAMPUS SECURITY CHIEF
Click here for more information